How can I use it?
- Choose the group hangout from our organize plans page
- Select the group size you want for the hangout
- Select the hangout date and time (if applicable check vendor schedule first)
- Select the RSVP deadline as the cutoff for your friends to accept the plan
- Create the plan! and we’ll make the arrangements needed with vendor
- No credit cards will be charged until the RSVP deadline is reached if the minimum group size you specified was not reached nobody’s card will be charged.
What services do you support?
We aim to provide the Pitchn experience to a wide range of group hangouts:
- Sports: Sport venue rentals e.g. volleyball courts, hockey rinks etc. as well as group sales buying group tickets to watch a hockey game etc.
- Entertainment: Everything from bottle service at clubs and parties to archery and escape room and any other entertainment activity that require a larger group.
- Food:The focus of our food category is mostly on large size discounted items and special group deals e.g. Pizza deals, dining group deals etc.
- Discounts/Deals:This category includes items from the three categories above that have group discounts.
Where can I use it?
Right now Pitchn is available in Calgary. More cities are coming soon.
Why should I use it?
- Convenience: Group hangouts are fun but the bigger the group the harder they are to organize. Pitchn wants you to focus on having fun while we make all needed arrangements.
- Group Discounts: As a group you could get some good discounts for food, entertainment and sports. Why not capitalize on the crowd to save on some $$.
- Easy payment: Pitchn makes group payment simple. You no longer need to foot the bill for the hangout and then ask your friends to pay their share afterwards.
- Consolidated info: All relevant plan information in one page. As an organizer you no longer need to keep answering questions about venue, price, list of attendees etc.
What are some of the reasons that my booking request could be refused by the venue? And what should I do if that happened?
Pitchn tries to offer a wide variety of group hangouts. Some of the venues we deal with don’t have up to date online schedules which could lead sometimes to double booking. The moment you create a plan we contact the venue right away to ensure availability and if time requested is not available we send you an email with all available times in that day. You could simply edit the date and time and RSVP deadline from the plan page with the available time.
What happens if a plan doesn’t reach the minimum group size specified?
Then nobody’s card will get charged. When users accept payment of the range as they confirm joining the plan we simply pre-authorize their cards but we don’t take out the money until the RSVP deadline is reached.
What happens at the RSVP deadline?
We will check if the minimum group size the organizer specified was reached and the booking also was confirmed then we finalize arrangements and charge the group participants credit cards and confirm the purchase.
What happens after the RSVP deadline?
Our job is done. You can still view the plans details which will be archived a day after the plan date.
What if I want to change or cancel before the RSVP deadline?
Before the RSVP deadline the plan organizer can change or cancel the plan anytime. Also invited users can change their status from going to not going.
Can I change or cancel or cancel after the RSVP deadline?
No. Wither you are the organizer or an invited user you will not be able to change or cancel the plan after the RSVP deadline. When creating the plan we set the default RSVP deadline to correspond with the no cancellation policy by the vendor. If you slide it back to an earlier date to get the group to make early commitment on the plan then what you set is the new no cancellation time and we can’t refund you after that time.